From the Florida Venture Forum website, the following information about their upcoming meeting.
Florida Venture Forum
2012 Early Stage Venture Capital Conference
May 10, 2012
The Reunion Resort in Orlando, Florida
On May 10, 2012, the Florida Venture Forum will host its Fifth Annual Early Stage Venture Capital Conference at the Reunion Resort in Orlando, Florida. The Florida Venture Forum is now calling for outstanding private companies from the state of Florida to apply to be presenters at the Conference. The Florida Venture Forum is Florida’s premier organization focused on assisting entrepreneurs of emerging companies as they develop their businesses and raise capital.
The principle purpose of the Annual Conference is to showcase approximately 10-12 early stage, high growth private companies before a national audience of venture capitalists, angel investors, private equity investors and investment bankers. These entrepreneurial companies should have talented management teams, proprietary technology, high growth potential and should be currently seeking early stage funding.
The Conference will also showcase Florida’s best collegiate business plan competitors for the morning session.
Florida Venture Forum
P O Box 961
Tampa, Fl 33601
As Carnival season wrapped up yesterday with Mardi Gras celebrations along the Gulf Coast (and elsewhere), many parade goers may have found themselves wondering what to do with all of the doubloons they managed to catch during the festivities. A Metairie, LA inventor has the solution: create doubloon fishing lures!
These fishing lures could be especially helpful to those who find their seafood consumption increasing during Lent. Thanks to GCPA Gold Sponsor Garvey, Smith, Nehrbass & North, L.L.C. for calling our attention to this great design.
Got Invention Radio is a live, weekly radio show aimed at inventors and entrepreneurs. Expert guests, successful inventors and business mentors will share their experiences and resources with the audience and provide guidance to listeners with ideas and inventions.
The show airs Thursdays at 8pm E.T./5pm P.T.. Listeners can call in at 888-327-0061 or email to ask questions during the show. Previous shows are available to download or listen to anytime. Listeners can subscribe to Got Invention Radio on iTunes for free.
The 14th Annual NIH SBIR/STTR Conference will be held in Louisville, Kentucky from May 30 to June 1, 2012. NIH is working with its local host, the Kentucky Science and Technology Corporation. to plan an exciting conference for attendees. This NIH-focused SBIR/STTR conference will include:
- Nuts and Bolts of the NIH SBIR/STTR Programs
- Advice/guidance from seasoned veterans
- Overview of the in depth review process for NIH SBIR/STTR applications
- Pre-award and post-award grants administration
- One-on-one meetings with NIH program, review, and grants management staff
- Biomedical/behavioral sciences focused business development and commercialization sessions
- NIH technology transfer licensing opportunities
- Sessions about individual NIH Institute and Centers scientific priorities and research resources
- Compliance and Stewardship of Federal Funds
- Indirect Cost Rates and Accounting Systems
- Identifying Grant and Contract Research Funding Opportunities
- University Partnerships
For more information, click here.